Tree Surgeon & Arborist Volunteer Opportunities
Become a DART Volunteer
If you would like to volunteer for DART as a Disaster Arborist Response Team member, or in some other support capacity, please complete our volunteer registration form.
We will contact you to discuss your offer of support and, if appropriate, invite you to pre-deployment training.
Please note that Disaster Response Team volunteers should have 5 years industry experience and hold NPTC (or equivalent national qualifications) in the following:
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting
- Felling of trees up to 380mm
- Felling of trees over 380mm
- Emergency Tree Operations or Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees
- Tree Climbing and Rescue
- Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Freefall Techniques
- Aerial Tree Rigging
- An ‘in-date’ First Aid qualification (preferably specific to the Arb/Forestry industry)
If you don’t yet fulfil the requirements exactly, but are willing to work towards them, we may still be able to use your support and welcome your registration as a potential volunteer.